The CCAR enriches and strengthens the Jewish community by empowering Reform Rabbis to provide religious, spiritual and organizational leadership as it:
- Fosters excellence in Reform Rabbis
- Enhances Reform Rabbis’ professional and personal lives
- Amplifies the voice of the Reform Rabbinate in the Reform Movement, the Jewish community and the world in which we live.
The CCAR achieves its Mission by offering Reform Rabbis opportunities for:
- Torah study
- Professional development
- Spiritual growth and emotional well-being
- Specialized services, such as placement, pension, mentoring and advocacy
- Publishing liturgy and resource materials for the Reform Movement, including prayerbooks for the home and congregations, Responsa, platforms and guidelines
- Articulating positions on social, ethical and religious issues of the day
- Chevruta – a nurturing community of colleagues and friends.
Adopted January 17, 2008