CCAR Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions as defined below apply to all online properties of the Central Conference of American Rabbis (CCAR), including but not limited to ccarnet.org, ccarpress.org, RavBlog.org, ccar-ebook.com, and taggedtanakh.org and our presences on Facebook, Flickr, Youtube, and salesforce.com. This also applies to any domains and online presences acquired in the future.
We encourage your comments on the CCAR’s blogs, websites, and social media networks, and hope for you to participate in the discussions. We review all comments before they're posted, and those that are off-topic, promoting a commercial product, or veer outside of the boundaries established herein will not be published. We expect the discussions to adhere to a basic level of civility, allowing for mutually respectful disagreements.
By posting any comments on any of the aforementioned online properties of the Central Conference of American Rabbis you give the CCAR the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your comment for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is illegal, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by the CCAR in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements, solicitations of business, or political endorsements.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Post the same note more than once or "spam."
The CCAR reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
You also agree that you will indemnify the CCAR against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
The CCAR has the absolute right to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content, for any reason. Visitors who post unacceptable comments (as defined above) may be banned from posting comments in the future. Comments posted are not the opinion of the CCAR, and the CCAR takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any comments posted by you or any third party.
The Central Conference of American Rabbis reserves the right to terminate the commenting feature at any time, with or without advanced notice.